Wednesday, October 29, 2008

22 Months Old

I have no idea how my baby is already almost 2!!  She is just amazing me every day with the things she picks up on and says and does.  The other day we were at the library for storytime and there are carpet squares the kids can sit on, each with a different letter.  Before it started I was asking Rainah to find different letters and she'd pick them up and bring them to me.  Afterwards, a mom with an 8 month old came over and said she had to ask me how my daughter was so letter aware.  She couldn't believe that she wasn't even 2 and can identify all of the letters.  
She has an alphabet puzzle and can do the whole thing by herself- she even knows the sounds of most letters.
Her newest favorite thing is the Veggie Tales.  Every week when we go to the library she picks out any of the dvd's she can find.  I made the mistake of going on the Veggie Tales website and now every time I go near the computer she asks for Bob.  
She's had a crazy few weeks with Don's health problems... having to rush to the hospital twice, and lots of different things happening, but she's done so great!  She's made it through the last few MOPS meetings which is a miracle!  Last week she started crying right as we pulled into the parking lot, and I thought there was no way I wouldn't get called out, but we made it the whole 2 hours.  
She is such a sweet little girl- she has her moments, but for the most part is a lovey, cuddly toddler.  Every once in awhile, out of no where, she'll just say, "hi" and wave.  She'll go over to Cheyenne several times a day and lay her head on her or hug her (with the occasional attempt at riding her).  
She loves to be busy, and loves to learn.  She still likes to read, but not quite as much as she used to.  She really likes puzzles and has mastered the few that we have.  She likes to color, LOVES Cookie Monster, and is still eating like a true Petersen.  
Last night after her bath, she was brushing her teeth.  She usually walks around with her toothbrush for a few minutes while I clean up the bathroom.  I heard her making a funny noise and looked over and she was pretending to spit into the sink and she kept doing it over and over.  I laugh so many times during the day watching her.  It still amazes me how much joy one little girl can bring someone.  We fall more and more in love with her every minute and thank God for this little blessing He's given us to raise up.  

1 comment:

JanB said...

.......I have to tell you, Spencer had the same affinity for letters when he was her age. At 3 he started reading and now, at age 4, he can read above a first grade level! She's a smart one! It will be fun to see what's next for her!!