Saturday, December 29, 2007

Thoughts on the eve of my daughter's first birthday

Has it really been a year since I gave birth to this amazing little girl?? Thinking back to this day a year ago, I had no idea what was in store for me. I was still waddling around, nauseous, uncomfortable, barely able to sleep, counting down the days to my due date (January 13). 2:30 am I woke up with contractions and I laid there for an hour trying to figure out if it was real or not. A few hours later we were at the hospital being admitted! Just in time for a tax deduction, making Don oh so happy! I was still throwing up in the labor and delivery room... still in pain from the pregnancy induced carpal tunnel... still very uncomfortable (although the epidural did wonders!), but I had no idea how fast all of that would be gone at 2:32pm that day. When the doctor put her on my stomach, it was all worth it. My sister was the one who had to ask, "what is it?" Laughter broke out when the words, "It's a girl" were heard... I had known it all along. Not because an ultrasound told me. I just knew. The first thing I noticed as they carried her to the table was her dark curly hair. It was beautiful!
And now it is a year later. We have been through a few weeks of major baby blues, months of colic and even more months of her not wanting to nap. Waking up 3 and 4 times a night. It all seems so long ago now. It is amazing all of the changes and development that happen in 12 short months. She is almost walking, climbing stairs, exploring and learning new things every day. I wish she could stay my "baby" forever, but I am so thankful for the beautiful, healthy, smart little girl God has given us and I know it will continue to be an adventure.
Here's a little look back:


2 Days Old (January 1, 2007)


1 Month (January 30, 2007)


2 Months (March 1, 2007)


3 Months (March 30, 2007)


4 Months (April 29, 2007)


5 Months (May 29, 2007)


6 Months (June 30, 2007)


7 Months (July 29, 2007)


8 Months (August 29, 2007)


9 Months (September 29, 2007)


10 Months (October 29, 2007)


11 Months (November 29, 2007)

1 comment:

Ang said...

I love the pictures. I can't believe it has been a year already! Time moves so quickly and you don't realize it until it is gone.......