Saturday, March 6, 2010

Cousin London Arrives!

This morning the telephone rang at 4:30am, and I immediately knew it was Jill calling to say she was in labor.  She said they were just leaving the house and not to worry about rushing out with Rainah, especially that early.  I went back to bed, but 10 minutes later knew I'd never go back to sleep, so I just got up and showered.  I packed up my bag, then tried to sneak in Rainah's room to pack some of her things, but she woke up right away.  I got her dressed and we took off around 6:00am.  Before we even got on the highway, Jill called back and said that she had given birth to London Avery at 5:30am.  I told her that we were on our way and would be there in about 2 hours.  We got to the hospital around 8:30am after making a quick stop at Caribou Coffee to grab everyone something.  London was sound asleep and sooo sweet.  We spent most of the day hanging out with the family in the hospital.  We finally took off around dinner time, grabbed something to eat, and got Rainah to bed- it's been a very long day for her, but she was very happy to meet her brand new *girl* cousin.  Here are a few photos I took today:












No comments: