Saturday, January 30, 2010

Night One In The "Big Girl" Bed

Tonight did not go quite as smoothly as we would have liked.  We've been hyping this up for awhile now, and Rainah seemed ok with it, but when it came down to it... she was NOT a happy girl.  As soon as we walked in her room, the bottom lip came out and she started wailing that she didn't want to be a big girl, she wanted a baby.  She continued crying and resorted to throwing all of her stuffed animals (which she HAD to have in her crib), out of the bed.  I tried to rock her and sing "the three songs" (Twinkle Twinkle, ABC's, and Jesus Loves Me), which were MUSTS in her bedtime routine, but she wanted none of that.  I turned on her sound machine which she also had to have on every night, and she wasn't wanting that either.  I finally told her I would lay with her for a little while and that calmed her down for a bit... after about 15 minutes I told her that I was going to leave.  We spent about an hour listening to her cry and scream that she wanted her crib and she didn't want to be a big girl.  She never did get out of the bed, though, and she eventually did drift off to sleep.  Here's hoping that we have a quite night and all goes well.  It was so heartbreaking to hear her so upset... and I can't believe that she is already big enough to be out of her crib.
Here are a few photos I got in the midst of all of the drama:

Don bought this stuffed dog for Rainah for Valentine's Day when she was 1.  Ever since, she has slept on it like a pillow in her crib.  That isn't happening tonight!  








No comments: